HOW TO BUILD A WEB PAGE FOR YOUR SHELTER
- Go to a site that offers free webpages, like Tripod, Geocities, Xoom, or Angelfire.
- Follow the instructions for easy-html building, and you'll have a webpage set-up in minutes.
- Be sure to put your shelter's hours, phone number, address, and e-mail on your new site.
- Include a section on your animals available for adoption. Be sure to include the animals who have been there the longest. Note any special needs animals.
- Now submit your site to search engines, like Yahoo!, Snap, and Lycos. Also, ask people who have shelter lists to include you. (See Pawhelper's Shelter Listings.)
- Utilize Petfinder and Pet Shelter. These are national databses that will increase the exposure of your animals! Best of all, these databases are FREE!