CAT ALLERGY, FACT OR FICTION?: Test Your Allergy IQ!
This information was taken from "The Truth About Allergies," by John S. Williams, DVM, printed in Cats Magazine, April 2000, p. 30-32. Please refer to original article for more details.
1. Allergies are caused by the dander. - False
2. Allergies are caused by the cat's saliva. - False
3. Allergens are found in the cat's skin. - True
4. Hairless cats are less allergenic.- False
5. Washing your cat often will help decrease the allergenic effects. - True
6. If the person is allergic to dogs, then they are allergic to cats, too. - False
7. Air filters decrease cat allergies. - False
8. Male cats are more allergenic than females. - True
9. Medication can be given to cats to effectively decrease their allergenic potential. - False
10. Once a person develops an allergy to cats, it will never go away. - False